Monday, December 12

the world is changing faster than you can say go!

japanese elves decorate trees for christmas

so, despite what we may (or may not) have thought about poles, the north pole appears to be migrating toward siberia, and fast! now that's a loaded sentance!
but really, did anyone know that these things move?
things are aparently happening on both poles though- in antarctica, glacial rivers of ice carry giant masses of water ready to be melted, potentially uncovering the LANDMASS antarctica, a landmass that has not been exposed for a Really Long Time.
lucky for me today at work will be spent playing with my 3nd favorite friend, the internet, as i have forayed into bringing my 2nd favorite friend, my computer, to work with me and am using my 8th favorite friend, the cakeshop, to cyphen their wireless.
exciting things in my life today are: i have returned to new york, hitting the ground running. yes, yes, exciting things are happening. for instance i have great ideas for paintings which i am about to start once i move back into my room. i also have a new fun housemate that plays live music in our living room. i brought back fabric from la, that i am planning on making some wintertime frocks out of. also, i have made the decision to stay in nyc for christmas, so this will officially be my first christmas to make into whatever i please. !!! i think i will have to have an advent party where we have christmastime craft-making and hot drinks!

christmas is celebrated in spaceship (kyoto, 2005)

in regards to the paintings, i have come back very inspired by my trip to japan. i have also brought back my paints and other art supplies from la, so these combined factors point to a painting renaissance! i was reading british vogue (far superior to the american rag), and was further inspired by their article about the frieze art fair. art fairs themselves, do not sound like my thing at all, but making art for people to see (as opposed to making art that i am supposed to think about conceptually) makes me think that painting might be the way after all. not that making art to think about is necessarily bad, but in my exerience in liberal arts college art-making, i would prefer a lighter, more flexible, aesthetic approach. and the idea of an art fair sounds really fun (from what i read, frieze is equated to glastonbury).
thank you internet, thank you british vogue, for making the slowest day of work i have ever had bearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home