Saturday, January 7

drawing no pot fo ynotonom


tonight i am going to a drawing party with my brother and his friend donna. i am really excited about it especially because i decided yesterday, that i need to start my current art course slow with some drawings! and donna is a really good artist and she will help me think good things about art making.
i am attempting to give myself some structure these days though, since i only work 2 days a week. i am concentrating on a regimine of self perscribed schooling. for instance, i have ordered a bunch of exciting books from the nypl on such fascinating topics as MACRAME, organic architecture, class issues, and the european vanguard of painters circa 1904-1920.
another project that is promising is designing a house, as part of the expatriot club i am in. i am very interested in building my own house in the future, an idea that was sown in highschool by my friends in a-collectiv, an art collective i used to be in. my friends yutaka and andrea were really nice and introduced me to lots of cool stuff like used books from the 60's on all kinds of art, listening to 3-4 sources of music simultaneously (esp. mixing genres: jazz, talk radio, classical, and rock, for instance), trying out cool new psychadelic stuff like morning glory seed tea, and reading about the black panthers and MOVE!
anywayz, these guys kind of taught me how to live, so as of now, i am going to try my very best to do it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home